Recently, a very good article by Dr. Raymond Soneira of DisplayMate Technologies caught our attention. Being in the display optimization business with our VEE technology in QuickLogic CSSPs, we investigated the claims of Dr. Soneira, and fully agree with him. To further the point, QuickLogic has recently released an NDA-only white paper on the Auto Brightness algorithm in the Android OS.
This paper discusses:
- How Android structures Auto Brightness
- The many problems seen with current implementations of Auto Brightness by system designers
- Ideal Auto Brightness implementations and why they aren’t feasible in consumer handheld devices
- The best possible implementation of Auto Brightness within existing system design constraints
- The most common mistakes system designers make during development and how to correct them before they happen
- How QuickLogic’s VEE and DPO technology can further improve Auto Brightness and the overall user experience, especially in display viewability and power savings
- QuickLogic’s Android-based software for integration of CSSPs and Auto Brightness improvement
If you would like a copy, please contact your local sales office or leave a comment below, and I will contact you at the email address you provide. As always, your email will not be made public.