(1) Mobile World Congress is right around the corner…let us know if you’re going to be there!
(2) With the incredible amount of sensor applications being discussed (for instance, these, this one, and these), it’s obvious that the algorithm requirements are going to continue to grow and diversify. Given that, the idea of an ASIC-based sensor hub seems less and less viable. As more and more sensors come on line, and the applications for those grow, dedicated ASIC’s grow long in the tooth quickly. Sensor hub’s need to be adaptive, and the in-system reprogrammable nature of the ArcticLink 3 S1 sure seems like better option.
(3) As Andy Pease mentioned in the last earnings call, we’re really happy to continue our presence in the Samsung Galaxy tablet line, most recently in the Tab 7.0 lite. It was great to finish a year of great growth with another high-profile design, and we look forward to continuing the momentum in 2014.
(4) Thanks to all of you who visited the blog site immediately after the earnings call. The beauty of a communications method like this blog is that we are able to provide context and answers to questions to our readers (and investors, in this case) in a quick turn, direct manner. We’re glad we were able to clear up any confusion, and thanks to those who commented publicly and privately about their satisfaction with the content.
(5) Look for information from us in the coming weeks regarding the ArcticLink 3 S1’s unique CISC-ALU approach, and how it compares and contrasts to traditional RISC-based approaches.