Hello, and thanks as always for reading…
A few of our regular readers have commented lately that they are a bit unsure of where to submit questions that aren’t directly related to current blogs. I can certainly understand this, and appreciate their consideration. So, to address this, we’ve created a free form “Submit a Question” field for use in this case. On the right hand side of the any blog, you’ll see a section where you can submit general questions. We only ask your name, company affiliation, and email. N.b.: your email will not be sold or used for other purposes; we simply ask for it in case need further information or clarifications on your question, and also to confirm that we have answered your question.
While our policy of not revealing confidential information will understandably continue, we will endeavor to answer all questions we receive. All questions will be answered publicly, and your name will not be used, unless you note otherwise.
So, should you have a question on a specific blog, please ask it through the usual comment mechanism on that blog. However, if you have a general question or comment, go ahead and enter it in the “Submit a Question” field, and look for an answer afterwards!
2 thoughts on “New Q&A Feature Here at QuickLogic HotSpot”
New investor to QUIK and I have a couple of questions.
1) Can you speak to your relationship with LG/HTC/Samsung? Also, do you see yourself in more tablets in the upcoming years?
2) What is the address of the South Korean office? I will be in Seoul in the upcoming weeks and would like to pay a visit.
3) This “Tier 1” Customer, is a repeating one or a one time order?
4) I’ve talked to people who have been following QUIK for years and they said you are primed for a buyout. Would mgmt be willing to consider a buyout?
Thanks for reading, and also for your interest in QuickLogic. I’ll answer your questions one by one below…
1) While I know this might be frustrating as an investor, QuickLogic does not comment on any particular customer (potential or actual) without their express approval. I talked a bit about this in a previous blog at http://quicklogic.wpengine.com/corporate/on-nda%E2%80%99s-and-the-need-for-corporate-confidentiality/ As such, I cannot speak to the status of, or even the existence of, a relationship with any of those companies. The second part of your question, “do you see yourself in more tablets in coming years” — yes, we certainly hope so. As one of the primary markets for our products, tablets are critical to our success.
2) The South Korean office is actually simply a sales and field engineering support office — we do not have corporate staff there. If you are interested in visiting QuickLogic HQ here in Sunnyvale, CA, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll do our best to arrange a visit.
3) Great question. While we have not publicly disclosed that yet, I would encourage you to listen to our next earnings call (July 31st) for more information on this. You can access the earnings call through the investor portion of QuickLogic.com, or through a phone dial-in number and access code which will be published via press release prior to the actual call.
4) We will not comment on speculation, especially of a nature like this.